Q: What is Gel Polish and how is Bio Seaweed Gel different than the rest?
A: Bio Seaweed Gel is a professional gel system. Gel polish is applied to either natural nails, artificial nails or even acrylic nails just like regular nail polish but with many more advantages. Gel cures (dries) instantly under UV/LED light so there is no more waiting time as per regular nail polish. Gel is designed to be durable and more suitable for the busy everyday life, created to last 2+ weeks with no chips, lifts or cracks. That is essentially the difference between gel polish and regular nail polish.
Now, you ask yourself how is Bio Seaweed Gel is different than all other competitor gel polish brands? Our brand offers a distinct value and difference because:
- No dehydrators to thin or stain the natural nails – regardless of wear time. Created to promote natural nail growth. FORMALDEHYDE, TOLUNE, DPB, SOLVENTS & BHA FREE
- Safe and gentle both during application and removal: no sanding, buffing, primers or bonders needed for application. The industry’s quickest soak-off removal in under 10 minutes.
- Versatility: A separate Diamond Shine Top and No-Sanding Base Gel Polish, as well as a Strengthener Builder Gel to complete tip and sculpture extensions.
- User-friendly: simple steps and self-leveling make Bio Seaweed Gel quick to learn and a pleasure to work with, our products never shrink or wrinkle – ideal for nail art (140+ colours!)
- Innovation: UNITY All-In-One Gel Polish is the original professional top, base, colour & strengthener all-on-one bottle, with no cleansers needed! (the colours dry to the touch with no sticky inhibition layer unlike any other)
Q: How does UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish work?
A: UNITY is the PERFECT PEDICURE PRODUCT. When applying for the toes, there are absolutely no top, base or cleansers needed (UNITY cures with no sticky inhibition layer!) Tho
For the hands we have the following recommended options:
- For weak nails & extra strengthening: Add BSG No-Sanding Base Gel Polish (optional)
- For longer-lasting shine & extra durability: Add BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish (always)
Q: How is UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish different than the rest?
A: UNITY has top, base, colour & strengthener all-in-one bottle! It is the original professional all-in-one gel polish & the perfect pedicure product that only needs two coats of colour. UNITY also dries to the touch – this means unlike conventional gel colours – you do not need to wipe with 99% alcohol to get rid of the sticky inhibition layer.
IMPORTANT: When using UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish alone (that is, without finishing with the BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish on the hands or toes) do NOT TOUCH the last cured colour coat to avoid imprinting and dulling out the shine! Let the last cured colour coat cool off for 2-3 minutes first before touching, to maximize UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish’s lustrous built-in shine. Applies to both curing in the UV/LED lamp and natural sunlight.
Q. With UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish, why do I have to add BSG No-Sanding Base Gel and/or Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish for the hands?
A. BSG No-Sanding Base Gel Polish is optional, it is ideal for clients who have weak, dehydrated nails. It serves as an additional nail strengthener! Otherwise, it can be skipped since it is already built into the UNITY Colour. However, we ALWAYS recommend finishing with a coat of the Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish simply because everyday life takes a toll on our manicures. Unlike our feet, our hands benefit from that extra coat of diamond shine protection for a professional 2+ weeks of chip-free high shine wear.
Q: What is the difference between the UNITY All-In-One and the BSG 3-STEP Colour Gel Polishes?
A: The BSG 3-STEP Colour Gel Polishes are the traditional colour gel polishes that require both top and base, regardless for hands or toes. UNITY Colours are the perfect pedicure product, that DO NOT require top and base for the toes.
Q: Can I do nail art with the BSG 3-STEP and UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polishes?
A: With over 140 colours combined to choose from, Bio Seaweed Gel has been the professional favourite for nail art designs! Our colours are smooth to apply, self-levelling and most importantly never shrink or wrinkle. Meaning you never have to even cap the free edge. This consistency makes it ideal for nail art designs from basic to the most intricate creations. You can also mix colours to create custom ones!
Q: How do I use the Strengthening Builder Gel?
A: The Strengthening Builder Gel is a thicker consistency gel in a jar. It is applied in one-two coats with the BSG professional gel brush and used for creating tip and sculptured extensions as well as sealing the BSG no-chip airbrush French manicure. However, clients with extreme brittle, soft nails can also choose to apply one-two coat over natural nails to promote natural nail growth. The Strengthening Builder Gel must be used with BSG No-Sanding Base and Top Gel Polish.
Q: How is Bio Seaweed Gel the healthier gel choice?
A: All our products are formaldehyde, toluene, DPB, BHA & solvent free. BSG promotes ZERO dehydration, weakening or staining of the natural nails. Our No-Sanding Base Gel Polish does not need heavy sanding, drilling, primers or bonders for application. Industry record soak-off in less than 10 minutes without having to file the natural nails! All these advantages add up to fewer chemicals and damaging effects for the natural nails over prolong wear.
Q: For professionals: do I have to use a BSG professional lamp to cure Bio Seaweed Gel products?
A: For most accurate results, our products and stated curing times are designed for the BSG LED/UV lamps. However, our products do cure in all LED/UV lights but keep in mind curing times may vary depending on your model of lamp.
Curing Times with BSG LED/UV Lights
Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish, Strenthening Builder Gel: 45 seconds LED, 2 minutes UV
No-Sanding Base Gel Polish, BSG 3-STEP & UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish: 30 seconds LED, 60 seconds in UV
Q. For at home users: is it true that BSG can be cured under the natural sunlight?
A: That’s right! Bio Seaweed Gel is the only professional gel polish that can be cured in the natural sunlight – no professional lamps needed! Just follow application steps as usual, but paint each coat indoors, away from direct sunlight. Then simply place hands in direct sunlight and BSG will cure in 30 seconds – 2 minutes. Remember to wipe the BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish with 99% alcohol to remove the sticky inhibition layer!
Q: What are some tips for success for Bio Seaweed Gel application?
A: Bio Seaweed Gel is the most user-friendly professional gel system. No gimmicks, tricks or secrets. Please follow these basic rules to ensure 2+ weeks of professional wear.
- Apply both the UNITY All-In-One & BSG 3-STEP Colour Gel Polishes in THIN coats. The first thin coat of colour will always be translucent and not true to colour yet. However, the second thin coat of colour will be vibrant and true to colour. If preferred, you may choose to apply a third thin coat of colour. It is always recommended for 3 thin coats of colour versus 2 thick ones.
- DO NOT OVERCURE! It is very important to follow the proper curing times. Overcuring will cause chips and cracks. Remember, Bio Seaweed Gel’s recommended cure times are designed with our own branded BSG lamp models. Curing times may vary depending on the brand of your specific lamp.
BSG LED/UV Lamp Cure Times:
UNITY All-In-One & BSG 3-STEP Colour Gel Polishes – 30 SECONDS LED | 60 SECONDS UV
No-Sanding Base Gel Polish – 30 SECONDS LED | 60 SECONDS UV
Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish – 45 SECONDS LED | 2 MINUTES UV
Strengthening Builder Gel – 45 SECONDS LED | 2 MINUTES UV
- UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish is the PERFECT pedicure product. This means you NEVER need top, base or cleansers for the toes. However, it is always recommended to finish with the BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish for the hands. Especially if you are using the product professionally. The BSG No-Sanding Base Gel Polish is optional, but does add a strengthening coat for the natural nails. And of-course, you must use both the Top & Base Gel Polish for artificial tip or sculptured extensions with the BSG strengthening Builder Gel.
- IMPORTANT: When using UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish alone (that is, without finishing with the BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish on the hands or toes) do NOT TOUCH the last cured colour coat to avoid imprinting and dulling out the shine! Let the last cured colour coat cool off for 2-3 minutes first before touching, to maximize UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish’s lustrous built-in shine. Applies to both curing in the UV/LED lamp and natural sunlight.
Q: What is the prep for Bio Seaweed Gel?
A: Just a wipe with 99% alcohol is all it takes. No sanding, primers or bonders needed. Once alcohol has dried, apply directly either the No-Sanding Base Gel Polish or UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish.
Q: How do I remove Bio Seaweed Gel?
A: BSG boasts the industry quickest and safest soak-off removal with professional pure acetone: for the toes in less than 5 minutes and for the hands in less than 10 minutes. Using our soak-off trays, simply pour a small amount of acetone and soak or you can apply the cotton ball and aluminum foil method (wrap each fingernail tightly with the foil and acetone-soaked cotton ball).
There is no need to break the seal (file the nails) before soaking them. Once softened, the gels will gently remove with any wood stick or nail buffer.
Q: Is Bio Seaweed Gel compatible with other gel brands?
A: Yes. You can use our No-Sanding Base Gel Polish and Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish with other professional gel brand colours. By starting with BSG No-Sanding Base Gel Polish, you can actually make the natural nails healthier, without having to use any primers, bonders or heavy sanding/drilling. This makes use of any additional products you may have without compromising health. Our Diamond Shine Top Gel Polish never dulls and creates a scratch-resistant, hard as diamonds finish.
Q: How and where do I efficiently store the products? Shelf-life?
A: Keep the products out of direct sunlight and UV/LED light. Store in a cool and dry place, and ensure that the caps are closed after every use. On average, one 15mL bottle of our product is good for 60 applications! Bio Seaweed Gel is good to the very last drop, when stored properly, the bottles never get clumpy or dried out.
Q: I have cured the BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel but it is sticky, what do I do?
A: Use alcohol and wipe the nails clean. It is recommended to use 99% alcohol. Only the UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polishes cure to the touch, without a sticky inhibition layer.
Q: Customers have returned back with broken tip extensions, what can I do?
A: Ensure that you are using enough BSG Builder Gel to make your tip extensions more durable. Depending on the length of the extensions, you may always apply extra coats of BSG Builder Gel to keep it from breaking.
Q: Can I over-cure the gels?
A: No, curing Bio Seaweed Gel for longer than the recommended time – UV lamp in 2 minutes, and LED lamp in 60 seconds (varies depending on model of the LED lamp) will not have any positive impacts. Over-curing can cause discolouration but at the same time under-curing can cause lifts and chips.
Q: I followed all the instructions but my customer’s Bio Seaweed Gel nails peeled off, what do I do?
A: Ensure your UV lamp is 36 watt and not powered by a computer chip. A computer chip powered UV lamp is very lightweight. The proper UV lamp must be powered by a transformer and is heavier. Another important thing is to check that all the light bulbs are working (not black, burnt out). If not, you may need to change them. Lastly, natural nails must be clean of all oils and lotion before the gel is applied. Otherwise, the gel will not adhere to the nails correctly.
Still have a question? Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free 1-877-428-8816