A: Gel polish is applied to either natural nails, artificial nails or even acrylic nails. It comes in Base, Colour & Top, just like regular nail polish. However, gel has many more advantages!
Gel cures (dries) instantly from 30 seconds to 2 minutes under UV/LED light so there is no more waiting time as per regular nail polish. GEL DOES NOT AIR DRY. It is designed to be durable and more suitable for the busy everyday life, created to last 2+ weeks with no chips, lifts or cracks.
Gel is a “soak-off” removal. Unlike regular nail polish, you must “soak” the gel polished nails in professional acetone then remove by gently pushing off loosened gel.
This is the essential difference between gel polish and regular nail polish. It cures instantly and last 2+ weeks (take that 2-day nail polish)!
*Remember GEL POLISH is the product – NOT a brand name! Just like every cosmetic, there are different brands with different benefits and drawbacks. We highly do not recommend anyone using unknown gel polishes. Ask your technician what they are using, look at the products personally, do some research! You would not pick a face cream or shampoo blindly, why deprive your nail health?
A: BSG is the healthier gel choice. Regardless of the frequency of wear, BSG will not cause damaged nails while still performing as a professional gel for weeks of chip-free high shine nails. Our products do not stain, weaken or dehydrate the natural nails.
- All our products are big-5 free, with no formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, BHA or solvents
- Absolutely no sanding, drilling, primers or bonders required
– Some gel products still require a damaging “rough-up” of the natural nails with an electric drill or nail file so the product can adhere better; BSG goes directly on dry, clean nails
– Some gel products also still require a primer or bonder, an air-dried liquid agent that, again, ensures better adherence for longer-lasting results; BSG does not, our no-chip formula is stop of the line
- Industry Record 5 Minute Soak-Off Removal
– When using the correct removal process and materials, BSG is a breeze to remove
– Removal process is key to how a gel polish will impact your nails; a hard removal is not only time consuming but damaging!
– Always use professional acetone to remove, follow proper steps and never peel the gel off prematurelyQ: What is the full BSG product line?A: We carry the entire professional gel system, from gel polishes to sculpting gels. Please see our products page to find detailed product information: http://bioseaweedgel.com/products/Q: How many colours are there in the Bio Seaweed Gel collection?A: We currently have 189 colours, with new colours added seasonally!
76 3STEP Colour Gel Polishes
114 UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel PolishesQ: What is UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish?/strong>A: The BSG 3-STEP Colour Gel Polishes are the traditional colour gel polishes that require both top and base, regardless for hands or toes. UNITY Colours are the perfect pedicure product, that DO NOT require top and base for the toes.PRODUCT USE
A: UNITY is versatile and tailored to everyone’s different nail health. Even with the built in base and top already, you still have the option to add our strengthening and protective Base and Gel Polishes.
Here are our general guidelines on how to use UNITY:
Absolutely NO base, top or cleansers needed: Always just two coats of UNITY, that’s all!
Since we are always busy with our hands, we recommend using the optional BSG Base and Top Gel Polish for optimal results:
1. Begin with BSG Base Gel Polish for extra strengthening. Ideal for weak, brittle nails and nail biters AND/OR
2. Finish with BSG Top Gel Polish for a longer-lasting shine (recommended)
A: BSG Base Gel Polish is optional, it is ideal for clients who have weak, dehydrated nails. It serves as an additional nail strengtheners! Otherwise, it can be skipped since it is already built into UNITY. However, we always recommend finishing with a coat of the BSG Top Gel Polish on the hands simply because everyday life takes a toll on our manicures. Unlike our feet, our hands benefit from that extra coat of diamond shine protection for a professional 2+ weeks of chip-free high shine wear.
A: YES! UNITY is the first and only gel polish that can be cured to the touch in direct sunlight. This advanced solar-cure technology means that even if you do not own a UV or LED light, you can still get all the amazing benefits of a gel polish with just a bottle of UNITY and the SUN!
*NEW* Try our No-Wipe
Top Gel Polish, perfect for solar-curing! This innovative extreme shine Top Gel Polish cures to the touch with no sticky residue, just like UNITY.
A: The BSG 3STEP Colour Gel Polishes are the traditional colour gel polishes that require both the BSG Base and Top, regardless for hands or toes. These 3STEP Colours are also more pastel, neutral and creamy than the UNITY Colours.
A: With over 189 colours combined to choose from, Bio Seaweed Gel has been the professional favourite for nail art designs! Our colours are smooth to apply, self-levelling and most importantly never shrink or wrinkle. This means you never have to cap the free edge and designs stay put – even before curing. This perfect consistency makes BSG ideal for nail art designs from the basic to the most intricate creations. You can also mix colours to create custom ones!
A: Just a wipe with 70 or 99% alcohol is all it takes. No sanding, primers or bonders needed. Once alcohol has dried, apply directly either the BSG Base Gel Polish or UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polish.
A: Yes. We proudly offer the entire professional gel system, including our industry favourite Sculpting Gels. These Gels are in traditional jars (25mL), are thicker than the gel polishes and are applied with our professional BSG Gel Brush. The Sculpting System includes our Base, Builder and Top. You can create both strong and natural-looking artificial and sculptured tip extensions by using the entire system.
A: Yes, you can opt to use our Base and Top Gel Polishes with the Builder Gel for extensions if you choose. The Base and Top Sculpting Gels are just more durable for artificial and sculptured tip extensions since they are thicker gels.
A: Bio Seaweed Gel is the most user-friendly professional gel system. No gimmicks, tricks or secrets. Please follow these basic rules to ensure 2+ weeks of professional wear.
- Apply both the UNITY All-In-One & BSG 3-STEP Colour Gel Polishes in THIN coats. The first thin coat of colour will always be translucent and not true to colour yet. However, the second thin coat of colour will be vibrant and true to colour. If preferred, you may choose to apply a third thin coat of colour. It is always recommended for 3 thin coats of colour versus 2 thick ones.
- DO NOT OVERCURE! It is very important to follow the proper curing times. Overcuring will cause chips and cracks. Remember, Bio Seaweed Gel’s recommended cure times are designed with our own branded BSG lamp models. Curing times may vary depending on the brand of your specific lamp.
- TECHNICAL ISSUESQ: How do I remove Bio Seaweed Gel?A: BSG has the industry quickest and safest soak-off removal with professional pure acetone. Either soak in our soak-off trays or wrap with the tinfoil and cotton method. You can apply a hot towel for a speedy removal as well.Q: LED or UV Lamps?A: That is your personal choice! BSG offers the industry’s top choices for lamps in both LED and UV technology, each with their own advantages. Our products and stated curing times are designed for the BSG LED/UV lamps. However, our products do cure in all LED/UV lights but keep in mind curing times may vary depending on your model of lampQ: I have cured the BSG Diamond Shine Top Gel but it is sticky, what do I do?A: Wipe nails with 70 or 99% alcohol to remove the sticky residue and reveal the shine! Only the UNITY All-In-One Colour Gel Polishes and No-Wipe Top Gel Polish cure to the touch without a sticky inhibition layer.
A: We do not recommend the mixing of different gel brands. Bio Seaweed Gel products are formulated specifically to be compatible with each other, from the application to soak-off removal process. We cannot guarantee the effectiveness, wear or quality of our products if brands are mixed.
Alternatively, BSG Base and Top Gel Polishes are compatible with other gel brand colours. By starting with BSG No-Sanding Base Gel Polish, you can actually make the natural nails healthier. Without having to use any primers, bonders or heavy sanding/drilling to prep that nails, this makes use of any additional products you may have without compromising health. BSG Top Gel Polishes never dulls and creates a scratch-resistant, hard as diamonds finish.
A: Yes. There is no need to sand or file before, Bio Seaweed Gel can be applied directly on top.
A: No. In general, gel polish is only compatible with gel polish – not regular nail polish.
A: Rest-assured that Bio Seaweed Gel products perform as a professional gel product and these seldom minor issues can be quickly resolved through technical and application fixes:
- Always wipe nails with 70 or 99% alcohol to remove all dusts and oils pre-application
- Make sure nails are completely dry and clean before application
- Apply UNITY or 3STEP Colours in THIN, even coats (the self-levelling formula will make this easy)
- Never paint past the cuticles
- Most importantly and most commonly, cure times may be off
(either over-curing or under-curing)
– UV Lamp: ensure all bulbs are properly working efficiently, no burnt or missing bulbs
– All Lamps: cure times may vary depending on model of lamp
- BSG Cure Times are designed for our UV/LED Lights:
Colours* & Base Gel Polish – 30 second LED/1 minute UV
Top Gel Polish & Sculpting Gels – 1 minute LED/2 minutes UV
*darker colours may take double the time to curePRODUCT CAREQ: How and where do I efficiently store the products? Shelf-life?A: Keep the products out of direct sunlight and UV/LED light. Store in a cool and dry place, and ensure that the bottles are tightly sealed every use.On average, one 15mL bottle of our product is good for 60 applications! Bio Seaweed Gel is good to the very last drop, when stored properly, the bottles never get clumpy or dried out.Q: What do I clean the BSG Lamps, bottles and gel brushes with?
A: Alcohol will efficiently keep all products clean and hygienic. Do not use acetone.
A: On-line, our head office or our retail location (both in Toronto, Ontario Canada) or you can visit one of our certified beauty suppliers!
Still have a question?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or toll-free 1-877-428-8816